Pay Per Click Ads
What is Pay-Per-Click Advertising
Pay-per-click marketing is a way to immediately attract customers and traffic to your site by buying sponsored advertising from major search engines like Google, Yahoo, MSN or small search engines; for example, Alta Vista, Netscape and others. Sponsored links appear on the top (or on the bottom) and on the left column of listings. Listings in the middle of the page belong to natural, “organic” listings and are free.
Basically, pay-per-click listings are free until someone clicks on your ad. You only pay for the amount of clicks or visits. However, you should keep in mind that there are many website owners competing for the same keywords at the same time. You’ll often wind up paying too much to appear in a desired spot. Take the key phrase “web designing,” for instance. The bidding on Google’s AdWords and Yahoo! Search Marketing sometimes exceeds $20 per-click.
What Do You Need to Know to Launch Pay-Per-Click Campaign
Even if your ad words are not that expensive, you should keep the following tips in mind:
1. Keyword Research
Keywords should be relevant and accurately chosen to attract the audience that will be motivated to buy your products and services. If you don’t target the right visitors, or your keywords are too general, your advertising budget will not last long.
2. Ongoing Campaign Maintenance
Careful monitoring of your keywords and keyword positions are essential. Here are just few tips that you should know:
- Optimize keywords that bring the best return on investment (ROI)
- Adjust or turn off keywords that don’t seem to work for you
- Improve your headlines
- Monitor fraud-clicks
3. Landing Page Optimization
- Immediate – you can get your site up in Google, Yahoo, MSN listings in several hours, or days
- Flexible - perfect for one-time promotions or seasonal advertising. You can turn off your ad words any time.
- Accessible – any site is suitable for pay-per-click advertising, even websites not amenable to search engine optimization; for example, flash sites or sites with a lot of pictures and graphics.
- Easy to maintain - you have complete control over your headlines, targeted keywords and key phrases, geographical area, and time.
- Generally expensive
- Risk of click fraud, or invalid clicks
- Low click-through rates
- Potential weak return-on-investment (ROI)
Implementing successful Internet marketing strategies has given Aurora IT time-tested expertise. Having a staff exclusively focused on the Web gives us the ability to fulfill all of your web design and Internet marketing requirements.
For complete information on Aurora IT's Internet Marketing services, give us a call at: 914-591-7236