Medical Logo Design
Do I Really Need a Logo?To this we say a resounding, YES! But why? Besides looking pretty, a well-designed logo has the unique ability to simultaneously ground your practice and take it to the next level. Here’s how:
For the Practice
- Convey a professional, solid image and create an association between your practice and quality healthcare
- Demonstrate dedication to the longevity, stability and success of your practice
- Express your style and personality
- Establish cohesion and brand recognition across all marketing efforts
- Create a memorable, visual identity for your practice’s name and specialty
- Bring your practice name to life on business cards, in advertising, through local sponsorships, online and on your front door
- Engage potential patients and appeal to the emotional side of their decision-making process
- Improve recall of your practice’s name for patient referrals
How To Design The Right Logo
Less Is More:For companies creating a logo for their brand, Aurora IT wants them to remember: less is more. Aurora knows that a good logo should endure and live long in their customers’ brains. The right logo has many tasks to accomplish: portray a polished, professional look, reflect the nature of the business and give customers an idea of the services or products being marketed. This is why Aurora IT believes that a good logo’s work is never done. A good design works should be discernible, at any size; recognizable, in any medium; and downloadable, in any form.
Color psychology is a real phenomenon and it can have a psychological effect on customers. It is useful to employ universal pantone colors. A logo should look good in color and in black and white. Logos appear on websites, stationery and giveaways. The typeface should be clean and legible. Bold is better when it comes to fonts. Thinner fonts don’t reproduce well, and if the type were to be reduced, it would become illegible.
Iconic logos are tremendously popular and are easily remembered by customers. Iconic logos typically consist of a single graphical element, icon or design, which incorporates the company name within, below or to the side of it. Aurora IT believes a good iconic logo should make the symbol fit within a basic geometrical and symmetrical shape. They are more versatile yet balanced. The important thing is to keep in mind your company’s image in the design.
A first impression is a lasting impression, especially in today’s world and its rapid pace.
Medical Logo Design Tips
1. The Logo Should Not Contain Stock Art
Medical logos should be distinctive, original and exclusive. With stock art, you risk copying someone else’s design and looking less unique. If you are using stock art, there’s a very good chance someone else is using the same image, which does not make your logo distinctive and memorable. Stock art is too generic and can result in a lower brand recall value. The purpose of your logo should be for people to associate it with your business or brand, and stock art defeats that purpose.