The Main module is quite literally the foundation of the Bitrix Content Management System. It’s the glue that cements the other Bitrix CMS modules hence providing the interactive nature of the system architecture. The Bitrix Main module gives you the power to create, maintain and manage an unlimited number of websites.
Take a Look at the Bitrix Site Manager’s Main Module’s Features:
- Multiple Site Support – Bitrix can support as many websites as you want.
- Multiple Domain Support – Bitrix supports an unlimited number of domains for each site.
- A common authorization system for multiple websites.
- Supports an unlimited number of user groups.
- An unlimited registered users – and provides functionality to attach specific users to one or more groups.
- Provides group-based assignment of access permissions and responsibilities.
- Bitrix offers you the convenience of an intuitive template management system …meaning that each site template can have a unique design, public scripts, set of components, and system elements.
- Bitrix lets you apply an unlimited number of templates to one or more websites.
- The ability to apply a different template to every website in your system.
- The Main Module offers you a multilingual user interface via the Control Panel.
- Download automated software updates with Bitrix’s SiteUpdate technology.
- The Bitrix Main Module offers you multiple server functionality – the freedom to use separate web servers for each of your website’s while sharing a single database.
- A dynamic module management system.
- The Main Module incorporates e-mail message templates – allowing you to send out messages tailored to specific events (recent Blog posts, subscription requests, registration info retrieval, etc.).
- The ability to temporarily lock access to your site’s public sections.
- The functionality to check technical requirements conformance and file system access permissions.
- The Bitrix Main Module incorporates fast dynamic content technology.
- Dynamic information caching technology
- A programming interface (API) able to connect and create custom modules.
- Functionality to export data from the Control Panel reports into MS Excel.
- Group operations on report elements such as deleting or activation.
- SQL queries via the database.
- External authorization authority – Your logins and passwords can be verified locally via a custom algorithm, or a remote server (note: this package includes examples of external authorization for Invision and PHP BB forums).
- The ability to share authentication between different web domains.
- User-defined event handlers.
- The Main Module allows for individual user interface customization—default filter fields, elements display mode, list, table or icons; default report table sorting; report table columns; mouse behavior and more.
The Main Module Control Panel
The Control Panel feature will offer you fast access to necessary control sections. It provides five functionally complete groups: Services, Content, e-Store, Settings s and Web Analytic.
Remember; pop-up hints will help you out as you get acquainted with the system’s managerial tools. For more information on the current page, you can use the context help viewable by clicking the button on the control panel toolbar. You’ll also be able to send requests to Bitrixsoft’s tech-support service.
The Main Module’s Security Policy Options
The main module’s security policy offers a set of rules that allow you to restrict user authorization and provide your site with a particular security level.
The Following Security Options are Available:
- The session IP mask: with this protection on, theft of a cookie file containing the session information becomes useless. The session IP mask is the most effective protection against XSS/CSS attacks.
- The maximum session lifetime: limits the maximum session duration. The maximum session lifetime is used to steer clear of incorrect session lifetime settings in php.ini files.
- The maximum lifetime of stored authorization: This option makes XSS/CSS attacks ineffective. The maximum lifetime of stored authorization protection against the theft of authorization data stored on a personal computer by making it useless. All data is generated randomly and will not contain the current computer IP address or any other traceable cryptographic information.
- The maximum number of authorization storages: This rule defines the number of computers on which authorized sessions for a single user can be stored. Note: For website administrators, the value of 1 is recommended.
- The checkword timeout: This protection defines the maximum time during which the password recovery control word will be stored; it will allow you to minimize the risks of site-wide attacks via the recovery mechanism by intercepting e-mails.
- The security rules can be applied to user groups. System administrators are able to define security rules manually or by using the predefined security levels (Low, Medium or High). By default, the highest level applies to system administrators. For users certified to several groups the strictest rule for each security aspect is selected.
The Main Module’s File Integrity Check
The file integrity check feature allows you to verify whether or not the system’s files are safe and sound. To make use of this function, you’ll have to enter a unique keyword then calculate the check sum of all files. The keyword will not be stored anywhere.
The Main Module’s Automatic Registration Prevention
The Bitrix Main module supports an essential feature aimed at preventing unauthorized registrations – CAPTCHA (completely automated public Turing test to tell computers and humans apart). When CAPTCHA is enabled, user will have to enter a string with the displayed random symbols in order to register.
This method will ensure that Blogs won’t be abused by spammers or robots that aren’t capable of image text.
The Main Module’s Caching Feature
The Caching mechanism has been developed in order to reduce server load, by saving results of database requests.
The Main Module’s Automatic Site Map
The Main module’s unique site map generator will help you keep your site map up-to-date. The Site Map will only contain files and folders visitors are allowed to view.
The Main Module’s Multilanguage Suppor
The Bitrix Main Module offers support for multiple languages and enables you to easily publish information in a variety of languages. The Main Module Control Panel user interface can be rendered in any available language. Currently, English, Russian and German interface languages are available.
To learn more about the features and modules of the Bitrix Site Manager CMS contact us today 914.591.7236